I’ve just started developing a vector racing game. Check it out here: http://martinove.dk/games/vectorracer/
Vector racing is by no means a new category of game, but it’s still a fun exercise to engage in.
I started development on Saturday, reaching 0.1 on Sunday.
In version 0.1, you can:
- Move around the track using keyboard
- Create tracks using rectangles
- Detect collisions if the player lands in an obstacles (you can drive through them)
The most pressing issues now are:
- Detecting collisions if the player path crosses an obstacle
- Determining when a player does a lap
I’m looking forward to developing this further!
In case you feel like playing a better vector racer than mine, check out http://harmmade.com/vectorracer/, it’s awesome!